Registration is Now Open…
NC State Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, NC State University
Open to all, via Zoom
May 6, 13, and 20 from 1:15-2:45 Eastern Time
Class fee: $40.
Although I am still unable to offer my “Tarot Without Tears” classes (alas, they just simply don’t translate satisfactorily to video) I am preparing a new offering for beginners and those who want to learn more of the basics of the Tarot.
I have the honor of being invited again to the NC State Lifelong Learning Institute, to teach my 2018 standing-room only Introduction to Tarot class.
But this time, the content is expanded to three sessions, not just two, which means more practice, more time for questions, and loads more fun.
PLUS: we are still in precarious times, so this course will be via Zoom, which means you need not be strictly local to the Raleigh-Durham area to join the “OLLI” program and take it.
Here is the syllabus:
What is the Tarot? Where did it come from? Why does it persist into modern times?
If you have ever wondered about these beautiful, mysterious cards, join us for an exploration of this centuries-old system that, despite lots of misunderstanding, is enjoying a new popularity in the 21st century.
We will discuss the truth about the origins of the Tarot; the basics of the Tarot deck, including the Suits, the Court cards, and the Major and Minor Arcana; your personal Tarot birth cards; and some techniques for nurturing your intuition — no previous superpowers required!
Discover how this centuries-old blend of art, history, esoterica, wisdom, and understanding of the human condition can work in the hands of modern, sophisticated people.
A suggested resource list will be shared in the first session.
Registration deadline: May 3 – but HURRY! The course is already almost half-full!
(Note: You must be an OLLI member to sign up. The fee is $20 to join, but that gives you access to a world of fascinating classes!).
Dear Boutique fans —
My sincere apologies.
As soon as it is safe to welcome you back to my home, I will be sure to do so! These classes are not “zoomable,” since a lot depends on experiencing energy and invisible connections with one another that quite simply do not translate to video.
But once we’re back, here’s what you can look forward to:
- Have you been working with the Tarot or other wisdom tools for a while, and now you long to move beyond the introductory level?
- Have you found that there are Tarot topics that intrigue, excite, and sometimes confuse you?
- Do you wish you could have a more personalized, dynamic experience, exploring more advanced ways that Tarot and other practices can work for you?
- Would you love to spend an afternoon each month in a peaceful, magical space, with other committed, energized students of the esoteric arts?
Come to the Tarot Boutique!
bou·tique (bo͞oˈtēk), noun.
1. A small store selling fashionable clothes or accessories.
2. A business that serves a sophisticated or specialized clientele.
3. Unique, exclusive workshops for the discerning Tarot connoisseur.
These are intimate, tailor-made workshops for people who want MORE in-depth exploration into magical subjects, especially the Tarot.
I offer these classes in choice, specialty morsels that stand alone, or that can combine to offer you new depth in your practice. Each workshop is small and cozy, very affordable, and includes all handouts, light refreshments, and plenty of hands-on experience.
While we wait to get started again, here’s what my previous workshop participants have said:
- “If you want to learn Tarot or just develop a better relationship with it, these classes are for you. I personally cannot say enough good things about them. They really opened me up to just how much I could personally get out of the cards.”
- “Beth is THE best instructor ever…this is the place to learn… Oh and it’s lot of fun too…. Beth ranks up there as one of the most amazing women who has come into my life… So, if you’ve ever been interested in the Tarot, please go to Beth and learn from her…”
- “Definitely exceeded my expectations!”
- “Really helped me form a relationship with the Tarot cards.”
- “Fantastic, fun, and a super bargain!”
- “On a scale of 1 to 10, I give you a 15!”
- “I enjoyed every minute, and only wished it didn’t have to end!”
- “Great exercises for practical exposure and understanding.”
- “I loved the intuitive practice and teaming up with others for readings.”
- “Thank you for a beautiful afternoon. Your workshops always leave me feeling confident and with a renewed connection to Spirit!”
- “So thankful for you sharing your gift with me and others, who want to set higher standards and use only healthy methods for serving and helping.”
- “The tools given by you were very clearly described and the discussions you encouraged helped anchor these tools in our experience…You’re informal, yet so well informed and able to teach complex processes so well. Thank you for sharing your knowledge!”