Curious About the Tarot? Zoom In for My Introduction

Registration is Now Open…

Introduction to Tarot — Superstitious Silliness or Modern Wisdom?

NC State Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, NC State University
Open to all, via Zoom

Thursdays, May 6, 13, and 20 from 1:15-2:45 Eastern Time
Class fee: $40.

Although I am still unable to offer my “Tarot Without Tears” classes (alas, they just simply don’t translate satisfactorily to video) I am preparing a new offering for beginners and those who want to learn more of the basics of the Tarot.

I have the honor of being invited again to NC State University’s Lifelong Learning Institute, to encore my 2018 standing-room only Introduction to Tarot class.

But this time, the content is expanded to three sessions, not just two, which means more practice, more time for questions, and loads more fun.

No experience needed; no previous decks necessary. We are starting from scratch, and I’ll be explaining the delightful art of Tarot shopping! 🙂

PLUS: we are still in precarious times, so this course will be via Zoom, which means you need not be strictly local to the Raleigh-Durham area to join the “OLLI” program and take it.

Here is the syllabus:

What is the Tarot? Where did it come from? Why does it persist into modern times?

If you have ever wondered about these beautiful, mysterious cards, join us for an exploration of this centuries-old system that, despite lots of misunderstanding, is enjoying a new popularity in the 21st century.

We will discuss the truth about the origins of the Tarot; the basics of the Tarot deck, including the Suits, the Court cards, and the Major and Minor Arcana; your personal Tarot birth cards; and some techniques for nurturing your intuition — no previous superpowers required!

Discover how this centuries-old blend of art, history, esoterica, wisdom, and understanding of the human condition can work in the hands of modern, sophisticated people.

A suggested resource list will be shared in the first session.

Registration deadline: May 3 – but HURRY! The course is already almost half-full!

To register, go here.

(Note: You must be an OLLI member to sign up. The fee is $20 to join, but that gives you access to a world of fascinating classes!).

Can’t wait to see YOU, and your Tarot-curious friends!

• March 31, 2021, 3:22 pm Julia Smith

I just registered. Looking forward to this course!

• March 31, 2021, 3:30 pm Sarah

This is exciting! I clicked to register, and I see listed in restrictions for the class, in addition to “Membership is required for registration” also: “This program is for adults aged 50+.” Thought I’d better check in with you to verify before I break any rules! 🙂

• March 31, 2021, 7:14 pm Beth

Julia! That’s wonderful news!
    And Sarah – I have emailed the head of the program to see what she says. I will let you know asap. Thank you so much for your interest.

• April 1, 2021, 6:57 am Debbie Friedlander

I’m absolutely delighted to be joining your class. Moreover being virtual makes it possible for us NC non-residents to register. Your email came at the exact moment I was asking for guidance. Funny how that happens.

• April 1, 2021, 9:51 am Beth

Sarah – and anyone else who is wondering about the age requirement…
    You don’t HAVE to be fifty or older. It’s just a guideline, so I hope you’ll go for it!

• April 1, 2021, 10:46 am Michael Yu

trying to enter to win one of the prizes, like the cards with the cats!
    thanks
    Michael
    on April 1, 2021

• April 1, 2021, 12:15 pm Sarah

Thanks, Beth! I have registered and am very much looking forward to the event! I’ve been keeping an eye on your calendar for a while, waiting for a Tarot reading opening. I see now that you are no longer taking new clients, which makes me want to kick myself for not having jumped on the chance when it was available (curse my procrastination!). Alas, I am grateful for at least this rare opportunity for an online course.

One more point of clarification, the course dates are listed as Thursdays, May 6, 13, and 20 here, but the site has them down as 5/5, 5/12, and 5/19. I’ll be there either way, but thought you might like to know about the discrepancy.

• April 1, 2021, 2:15 pm Beth

Oh, Sarah!
    I am truly sorry about not being available for readings for you.

That is so odd about the discrepancy in the dates. Someone else mentioned this, but I couldn’t figure out where she was seeing it. Can you send me a screen shot of what you got?

They are definitely on the Thursdays, the 6th, 13th, and 20th. I would like to be able to tell the folks in charge about the problem, but I don’t know where to direct them.

Thank you for your kind words, and I am very excited to get to see you (almost) in person.

Many blessings and much gratitude,

• April 1, 2021, 2:16 pm Beth

Hi, Michael!
    You have posted in the wrong discussion, plus I need your email! 🙂 Pop over here and try again!