Invoking the Powers and Protections of Our Homeland

If you think he is tidying up his desk this morning and preparing to quietly take his leave in two weeks, you are wrong.

Banned from Twitter for being too dangerous, he is still the Commander in Chief. You know, and I know, that he is plotting his next move, fully aware that his terrorist army got away with murder yesterday.

This is the man who, as usual, ignored the 3,793 U.S. covid deaths yesterday and at this very moment is escalating hostilities with Iran. This is the despicable creature who has the nuclear codes.

We dare not wait 2 weeks, with fingers crossed and hoping for better behavior.

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

To contact your representatives, visit this website:

After exhaustive research it appears there is no message line or even email way to reach Pence’s office. How odd. Will keep checking.

• January 7, 2021, 1:42 pm nofixedstars

what an awful, disgraceful, deeply disturbing day. and we absolutely cannot afford to “turn the page” on it…

• January 7, 2021, 5:58 pm Anne DeMarsay

I agree; he must be removed immediately and disqualified from ever holding public office again, let alone running for President.

As far as I know, the best way to convey an opinion to the VP’s office is by calling the White House (202-456-1414) or submitting an email via the site https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact.

• January 7, 2021, 6:39 pm Carol

In complete agreement with you. Thanks for the link. You mentioned taking a break but some things are more important and need to be said. 👏🏼Take care of yourself!

• January 7, 2021, 8:45 pm Pamela

I agree. Thanks for the heads up. I contacted my congress people after reading your email.

• January 7, 2021, 8:47 pm Niamh

I agree. I’m very worried about Inauguration Day. If impeached, L’enfant Orange wouldn’t be able to run for POTUS in 2024, but unfortunately, Congress is now in recess until a day or two before Inauguration Day. Unless a large number of Republican lawmakers are as outraged by the threat to their own safety as Democrat lawmakers, it’s hard to see how either the 25th Amendment or impeachment is likely to be used to remove L’enfant Orange prior to Jan. 20th. It is yet another cluster 🍆.

• January 7, 2021, 10:16 pm Carol

Niamh, I completely agree with you. I call him Annoying Orange from the children’s cartoon. But that is when I am being polite.

• January 7, 2021, 10:32 pm Laurel

I am really glad you wrote this. I posted something about yesterday as well. I have such strong feelings about how we have to hit the ground running on the 20th. But I also feel so hopeful and inspired for the upcoming foture.

• January 8, 2021, 10:32 am Beth

Thank you all for your thoughts. I am deeply grateful for your posts.

We are at a watershed moment in our history, and it may be true that many of our leaders would rather “move on and put it behind us.” But five deaths and desecration at the deepest levels don’t go away by wishing them so.

As long as he continues to insist that the election was fraudulent (which he still did not let go, in that lie-filled, grim little woodshedded video last night), the mob he has stirred up will never quit, and the fracture of our democracy will continue. And just listening to him when he is unscripted, I honestly feel he has, as one Republican representative described, become “unmoored.” He is no longer able to sort out his own fantasies, paranoia, and reality.

A clear and present danger to, not just America, but the world.

“I wish it need not have happened in my time,” said Frodo.
    “So do I,” said Gandalf, “and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”