Tarot Card of the Week: April 26-May 2, 2010

This week, I ask your indulgence.  I am packing and preparing to check out of the hotel in New York where I’ve been since Wednesday and drive halfway home today.  This morning when I pulled our card,  it made me laugh. I believe it is actually the first time ever that we’ve gotten the Ten of Wands.

So I have decided that in order to NOT feel the way this card looks (you don’t have to be a Grand Poohbah of the Tarot  to look at it and get it), I am not going to attempt to write up a long, detailed essay about it.

Instead, in this week that will see us celebrating the Full Moon and the Greater Sabbat of Beltane, I am going to simply follow the message of this card, and I hope you will too.

I will simplify. I will not take on more than I can handle.  If this is an inconvenience or disappointment to some people, I am sorry, but there it is.

When I get home, I know that there are clients waiting for appointments, meetings to follow-up on and to schedule; projects that need my attention, people asking for advice and opinions, preparations needed for ritual. There will be lots of laundry, emails, voicemail, Facebook messages, grocery shopping, chores of every description.  There are several personal dramas that may or may not resume.  Just writing about all this, I can feel the anxiety building.

But I refuse to be overwhelmed.  I only have too much to do if I agree to, and I need not agree.  Instead I choose to create comfort and ease for my energy.

Wish me luck.  I wish it for you, too!

• April 26, 2010, 8:50 am judy

LUCK TO YOU THEN, LOVELY LADY.
    so much to do here at home.. and all I want to do is cuddle on the bed with my dog, Francine.

• April 26, 2010, 9:26 am Carey

Hey Beth…did you ever see this in Lunaea Weatherstone’s Blogue? I think it is just right….http://www.amazon.com/Keep-Carry-Motivational-Poster-Print/dp/B00276KEXS
    I laughed too when I saw this very appropriate card — we’ll look forward to hearing from you when you get back to us. 🙂 Big Calm Simple Blessings! Carey

• April 26, 2010, 9:54 am Dawn

No worries – your brief write up is far more poignant, satisfying, and inspiring than a long, lengthy description. Thank you for the reminder that I get to choose. A safe journey and joyful return to you! 🙂

• April 26, 2010, 10:04 am Gerard Bellavita

another choice well made, Beth …
    moving on ….

• April 26, 2010, 10:12 am Cathy Sky

Right on Beth. A nice way to look at this image.

• April 26, 2010, 11:59 am Regina

“I will simplify. I will not take on more than I can handle. If this is an inconvenience or disappointment to some people, I am sorry, but there it is.

Instead, I will direct my energy in ways that are creative, not burdensome; joyful, not weighed down by a sense of duty or obligation.”

These are the most beautiful words to me right now! Thank you Beth!
    Safe Travels and Bright Blessings!

• April 26, 2010, 2:35 pm Arie

Some old-new sayings:
    “Less is More”
    ” Minimum effort – Maximum benefit”
    Make a priority list. Leave some wands behind. Don’t get into the stage drama. “Poor me”. Carrying the whole world on my back. 🙂
    To remind myself also of these tendencies…
    Yes, this ten of wands energy is indeed in the air. I just went out and gazed at the stars and am feeling better now.
    Putting my Buddha smile on and breathing…
    As the full moon may magnify whatever energies we are holding, lets
    transform energies that we don’t feel comfortable with.
    So let us all enjoy the full moon and have a wonderful Beltane.
    Oh, and the TURTLE is my sacred guardian this week. His message is to go S L O W L Y. 🙂
    Love and Peace.
    Arie

• April 26, 2010, 2:38 pm Maria

Thank you for modeling exactly what many of us (myself included) need most to do right now!

• April 27, 2010, 6:41 am Diana

Great advice. Peace, blessings, and much love to you.

• April 28, 2010, 9:46 am Madeline

BLESSINGS AND HUGS! Enjoy some peace-time when you arrive home! Your weekly Tarot Card is always a profound message and so right- on!!

• April 28, 2010, 5:20 pm Beth