A Brief Departure

As I have mentioned in my April newsletter (you are signed up to receive my newsletter, WINGS, aren’t you?), I will be offline during a retreat for the next several days.

Please feel free to “talk amongst yourselves,” and let us know how your feng shui projects are going! Also, if you have favorite poems in honor of Poetry month, you are welcome to post here as well!

I’ll be looking forward to sharing my adventures with you when I get back (those that are not oath-bound by magickal secrecy, of course)!

Love and Blessed Be!
— Beth

• April 6, 2010, 9:59 am Rena

Wo, Beth, what a card to draw just as you leave for a week’s magical retreat. Wishing you the best in whatever mindblowing work She’s got in store for you!

• April 6, 2010, 10:15 am Maria

Have a wonderful retreat, and I can’t wait to hear about it!

• April 7, 2010, 8:10 am Gail

What is this beautiful picture? Is the title Traveling With the Seelie Court? I can’t seem to find it anywhere. Do you know who the artists is?
    My maternal grandparents were Scots, and I never heard tell of the seelies. Lovely!

• April 7, 2010, 11:04 am judy

Gail.. I found it. It’s by John Anster Cristian Fitzgerald, and I think it’s called ‘Faeries Looking Through a Gothic Arch’. Seems Seelies are from Scottish origin and are the original source for the word “silly”.
    If you google through ‘IMAGES’, the artists name.. you will come to many pages of his faerie paintings. Have fun, Judy

• April 9, 2010, 1:32 pm Dawn

in honor of national poetry month….

i carry your heart with me by ee cummings

i carry your heart with me (i carry it in
    my heart) i am never without it (anywhere
    i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
    by only me is your doing, my darling)

i fear no fate (for you are my fate, my sweet) i want
    no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true)
    and it’s you are whatever a moon has always meant
    and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
    (here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
    and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
    higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
    and this is the wonder that’s keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)

• April 12, 2010, 4:56 pm Beth

Oh, thank you to EVERYONE for your good wishes and interesting discussions!!!

Dawn – your poem is luscious!!! Bless you for this!

And thank you, Judy, for finding out about this work of art. I found lots of copies of it, but none reliably labeled. So I made the caption in honor of going on my retreat, thinking maybe you might guess which of these is me!

And yes, as I expected, this theme turned out to be very apropos! 🙂
    — Beth