Reading Deprivation Week

At this juncture of our work together on Julia Cameron’s book, The Artist’s Way, we are given the challenge of going on a complete fast from the written words of others. So during this time, I will be offline. Right. That means I am not checking email, Tweeting, Facebooking, etc.

Even if you are not doing this exercise with us, I hope that you will spend the next week considering carefully the difference between your own inner Voice, and the stories, opinions, views, and advice that you read from others. I will be back here next Monday, June 1 for the next Tarot Card of the Week, and will resume my regular postings after that.

Since I won’t be here to mention it, Mercury stations direct Saturday night, Eastern time, thank heavens!

And please remember that Sunday, May 31 is the last day of the month, and so is sacred to the great Goddess, Hecate. Honor Her well, and blessed be.

• May 26, 2009, 8:54 am ARIE

A blessed Vipassana or Readpassana.

🙂

Love/Arie

• May 26, 2009, 9:27 pm Debra She Who Seeks

The Goddess artist Thalia Took wrote a lovely post about Hecate on her blog recently and I think it would interest you (when your reading resumes) — it’s found at http://amusedgrace.blogspot.com/2009/05/goddess-of-week_25.html

• May 29, 2009, 11:30 pm Sage

The Artist’s Way is a great way to open up to creativity and the divine. I am on week 11. And I know that reading deprivation week is a toughie! I think I did cheat a little that week.
    Good Luck

• June 2, 2009, 9:22 am Beth Owl's Daughter

Arie! You are a treasure – you always know exactly how to crack me up! 🙂

Debra – thanks for pointing me to Thalia’s blog! I love her thoughts on Hecate (and Kuan Yin! That is SO true about dodgeball, Thalia!)

Oh don’t you sometimes wish that we could all get together and just sit down over lunch in some luscious, decadent place and talk together for hours??

Sage – thanks for joining the discussion! Even though you’re miles ahead of us on week 11, I hope you’ll share some of your thoughts and experiences with us here!

It’s so good to be back, y’all!
    Smooches!

• June 2, 2009, 6:41 pm Thalia

Oh hey that’s me! Thanks Debra (and Beth), glad you liked the post.

The Kwan Yin one was interesting because I couldn’t look up historic information on Her because of being on reading deprivation and so I had to just go with a purely interpretive thing, which led down some more personal, more intriguing paths. I may try that more often.

And yeah, dodgeball is evil. The more I think about it the more truly astonishing and obviously horrible it is. I don’t know if I’ll ever get that rant purged from my system.

• June 2, 2009, 6:45 pm Thalia

And yes, the idea of getting together at some lovely café somewhere sounds marvelous. I miss the company of like-minded witchy sorts.