Classes and Workshops
Registration is now open!
- Have you been working with the Tarot a while and now you long to move beyond the introductory level?
- Have you found that there are Tarot topics that intrigue, excite, and sometimes confuse you?
- Do you wish you could have a more personalized, dynamic experience, exploring more advanced ways that Tarot can work for you?
- Would you love to spend an afternoon each month in a peaceful, magical space, with other committed, energized Tarot aficionados?
Come to the Tarot Boutique!
bou·tique (bo͞oˈtēk), noun.
1. A small store selling fashionable clothes or accessories.
2. A business that serves a sophisticated or specialized clientele.
3. Unique, exclusive workshops for the discerning Tarot connoisseur.
Once a month (usually the last Saturday), I am once again offering intimate, tailor-made workshops for people who want MORE Tarot, in exclusive, specialty morsels that stand alone, or can combine to offer you new depth in your Tarot practice. Each workshop is usually only $60, which includes all handouts, light refreshments, and plenty of hands-on experience.
* * * * * *
May 31, 2014 : Working with Tarot Spreads, Part One
The Tarot spread is the guide that enables us to interpret the answers to our questions. So what is a good layout? What isn’t? How do we know what layout to use in various situations?
Registration is now open for this opportunity to practice with a number of popular spreads, including an in-depth look with the ubiquitous Celtic Cross layout.
By playing and experimenting with lots of pre-packaged spreads, you will gain a clear idea of what works and what could use improvement, according to your own style.
This class will also lay the groundwork for June’s workshop on how to create your own, customized spreads for every occasion! Registration is now open!
June 28, 2014 : Working with Tarot Spreads, Part Two
Building on your repertoire of traditional spreads and popular layouts, now you are ready to start creating customized arrangements of the cards, based on the issues (or clients) of the moment.
We’ll discuss how to create your own layouts from scratch, based on the theme of the questions, or else the timing you need to see. Learn to use your creativity and pattern-making in order to open new possibilities and options for clarity — all within the context of a meaningful, artful arrangement.
See how to apply the best design principles and techniques to get solid results every time. Registration is now open!
In the months to come, I’ll be offering more ways
to bring sparkle and confidence to the way you work with the cards.
Details will be coming soon, but you might want to save these dates:
Sunday July 27: Reading for Others – First Do No Harm: My very special workshop on how to ethically and skillfully read for other people. Newly revamped with updated exercises and material! NOTE: My Tarot One and/or Two classes (Tarot Without Tears) are required for this course. Update: This class will be held at Dancing Moon Books, in order to accommodate everyone.
August 23: Going Pro – How to Start (or Improve) Your Own Professional Reading Practice: I am so honored to share my expertise as a successful, full-time reader with a special few who want to offer their own services. Although starting your own business is perilous in any occupation, being a Tarot reader comes with its own set of challenges and rewards. I can help you navigate the hazards and build a prosperous reading business. Note: Reading for Others (from any time it’s been offered in the last ten years) is required for this workshop.
Please check back soon for the Autumn 2014 workshops, including A Tarot Herbal Harvest, Tarot Spellwork, Tarot Readings for Past Lives, and more!
Things to Consider:
- These Boutique classes are generally not at the introductory, brand-new beginner level. Unless stated otherwise, participants should have a good working knowledge of the Tarot and at least 3-6 months of fairly regular personal practice. A good rule of thumb is that if you are comfortable reading a 3-card spread (for yourself) without the help of a book, you should be fine.
- Bring your journal and your favorite deck(s), and enjoy an afternoon of discussion and discovery.
- Seating is very limited – only 7 spots are available in each, and payment in advance is required.
- Life happens, and things do come up. I understand. So if you cancel your registration up to 15 days before the program begins, I will return your registration minus a $10 administrative fee. If you cancel 14 days or less, prior to the start of the program, your tuition is non-refundable.
- PLEASE don’t wait till the last minute before you register. Not only is space very limited, but the enrollment period ends two days before each class.
- If the classes fill up, there will be a waiting list. You will be invited to fill any possible vacancies in the order you registered, so you might hold the date, even if you don’t get in right away. You will have a couple of hours to respond, before the opening is passed to the next person in line.
Sign up today! Let’s explore these deeper, more delectable topics of Tarot together!
Here’s what previous class participants have said:
Here’s what previous class participants have said:
- “Definitely exceeded my expectations!”
- “Really helped me form a relationship with the Tarot cards.”
- “Fantastic, fun, and a super bargain!”
- “On a scale of 1 to 10, I give you a 15!”
- “I enjoyed every minute, and only wished it didn’t have to end!”
- “Great exercises for practical exposure and understanding.”
- “I loved the intuitive practice and teaming up with others for readings.”
- “Thank you for a beautiful afternoon. Your workshops always leave me feeling confident and with a renewed connection to Spirit!”
- “So thankful for you sharing your gift with me and others, who want to set higher standards and use only healthy methods for serving and helping.”
- “The tools given by you were very clearly described and the discussions you encouraged helped anchor these tools in our experience…You’re informal, yet so well informed and able to teach complex processes so well. Thank you for sharing your knowledge!”