Classes and Workshops
Coming Sunday, June 9:
Re-enchanting the World: Healing Our Alliance with the Faery Realms
In cultures throughout the world, even long ago in our own, it was well-known that we had neighbors – other races of beings that were intelligent and powerful in ways similar to human, yet definitely not homo sapiens.
On Sunday, June 9, in the brilliant, magical time just prior to Summer Solstice, I invite you to a very special afternoon, in which we will explore this forgotten wisdom and learn why it matters so much now.
The Tarot Boutique is Now Open
- Have you been working with the Tarot a while and now you long to move beyond the introductory level?
- Have you found that there are Tarot topics that intrigue, excite, and sometimes confuse you?
- Do you wish you could have a more personalized, dynamic experience, exploring more advanced ways that Tarot can work for you?
- Would you love to spend an afternoon each month in a peaceful, magical space, with other committed, energized Tarot aficionados?
Come to the Tarot Boutique!
bou·tique (bo͞oˈtēk), noun.
1. A small store selling fashionable clothes or accessories.
2. A business that serves a sophisticated or specialized clientele.
3. Unique, exclusive workshops for the discerning Tarot connoisseur.
Once a month (usually the last Saturday), I am offering intimate, tailor-made workshops for people who want MORE Tarot, in exclusive, specialty morsels that stand alone, or can combine to offer you new depth in your Tarot practice. Each workshop is only $60, which includes all handouts, light refreshments, and plenty of hands-on experience.
SUNDAY May 19: The Tarot Court Cards
Please note that due to the Memorial Day holiday, this is a departure from the usual Saturday schedule.
The Court cards, that is, the “people” cards, often trip us up. They are complex because they can represent someone else, or us, or simply point to the energy of a situation, depending on a number of factors.
How are we to know?
Join us for an in-depth exploration, and boost your comfort level with the enigmatic, but ultimately incredibly important Court cards. BONUS: Tips for working with a significator.
There are only
three two seats left. Don’t miss out!
June 29: The Tarot Muse – Using the Tarot to Jump Start Your Creativity
Bust your blocks! Amp your art!
Besides divination and meditation, many people have discovered the powerful ways that the Tarot can inspire and deepen creativity. It’s been used as a very successful antidote for creative block, even for non-Tarot types. It can offer a universe of stories, archetypes, art, and, inspiration to help you connect to your own Muse.
Whether you are a writer, a painter, a dancer, or potter — whatever your longed-for artistic medium — the Tarot can fill your well of creativity to joyful overflowing.
July 27: Decks, Decks, Decks!
They say you can never be too thin or too rich. Well, I say that you can never have too many Tarot decks.
It’s summer time, so let’s play and have some fun! This workshop is all about our beloved decks – how to choose them, how to care for them, and most of all, how each has its own unique “voice” that can broaden our understanding.
For instance, how does the Rider-Waite-Smith Queen of Pentacles differ from the Osho Zen Tarot’s Flowering, or the Motherpeace Priestess of Discs? How many different names can you think of for the 13th Trump card? And how might all this affect a reading?
Bring your favorite decks, and I’ll share mine! Together we will explore the “Comparative Tarot” method (as introduced by Tarot expert Valerie Sim) as a way to deepen your practice. Registration is Now Open!
August 24 : How to Keep a Tarot Journal - Rescheduled from April
(Note: This will not be the last Saturday of August, due to the Labor Day Holiday)
Most Tarot teachers urge new readers to keep a Tarot journal, in order to better learn the cards and how they impact you personally over time.
But beyond just writing down your daily cards and occasional readings, I will show you how your journal can become an essential tool of insight, inspiration, and magic in its own right. Learn how to take your readings to the next level by using your Tarot journal as your private Muse, grimoire, confidante, and tutor.
Join us for this afternoon of fun and exploration. If you’re in our Triangle Tarot and Friends Meetup and made a journal at our August Meetup, be sure to bring it!
Registration will open for this workshop on Monday, May 20.
Look for even more classes that will be announced in the months to come!
We’ll be looking at even more ways to bring sparkle and confidence to the way you work with the cards. You can learn to use Tarot for spellwork, explore the connection between Tarot and herbal magic, get practical help and guidelines if you are considering “going pro,” and much more.
Other Things to Consider:
- These classes are not at the introductory, brand-new beginner level. Participants should have a good working knowledge of the Tarot and at least 3-6 months of fairly regular personal practice. A good rule of thumb is that if you are comfortable reading a 3-card spread (for yourself) without the help of a book, you should be fine.
- Bring your journal and your favorite deck(s), and enjoy an afternoon of discussion and discovery.
- Seating is very limited – only 7 spots are available in each, and payment in advance is required.
- Life happens, and things do come up. I understand. So if you cancel your registration up to 15 days before the program begins, I will return your registration minus a $10 administrative fee. If you cancel 14 days or less, prior to the start of the program, your tuition is non-refundable.
- PLEASE don’t wait till the last minute before you register. Not only is space very limited, but the enrollment period ends two days before each class.
- If the classes fill up, there will be a waiting list. You will be invited to fill any possible vacancies in the order you registered, so you might hold the date, even if you don’t get in right away. You will have a couple of hours to respond, before the opening is passed to the next person in line.
Sign up today! Let’s explore the deeper, more delectable topics of Tarot!