Articles, Reviews, and Essays
Can you tell that I am passionate in my love for the Tarot? Besides being a full-time, professional reader, I have written countless articles about the Tarot. These are a few of them. I hope that they will give you some perspective about how I understand and use the Tarot.
But it is especially my wish that they can give you a glimpse of how it can be a profound tool for your enlightenment.
[Please note that all these articles are copyrighted material by me, Beth Owl’s Daughter. Where other sources are used or quoted, full attribution has been given when possible, and I expect the same. If you would like to quote me, or use my writing in some way, kindly email me; I’d be glad to consider your request. Thank you.]
That said, please be welcome, browse around, and enjoy!
Articles On This Website:
- Barack Obama’s Tarot Profile (2008)
- Hillary Clinton’s Tarot Profile
- Fate, the Future and Foretelling: A Few Tarot F.A.Q.’s
- Sample Reading
- Every Monday, I publish a Tarot Card of the Week
In addition, here are some of my older annual Tarot Year articles:
- The Year 2010 in Tarot: The Empress
- The Year 2009 in Tarot: Justice
- The Year 2008 in Tarot: The Wheel of Fortune
- The Year 2007 in Tarot: The Hermit
- The Coming Year in Tarot – 2006: Strength
- The Coming Year in Tarot – 2005: The Chariot
- The Coming Year in Tarot – 2004: The Lovers
They include an updated Tarot profile for Barack Obama as well as presidential hopeful Mitt Romney. I also discussed GOP candidates Newt Gingrich (which unfortunately seems to be missing), Rick Perry, the 2011 Year of the Empress, and other topics.
Summer Quarter, 2005
Articles published in Innerchange Magazine
I was a regularly featured writer for the regional bi-monthly, Innerchange Magazine for several years.
These articles include my series about Tarot Personality Profiles and The Fool’s Journey. They offer an overview of the “Great Journey” as depicted by the Major Arcana of the Tarot, and how to understand that metaphor on a more personal level by working with your own Tarot Birthday Profile.
To get an overview, you can visit here:
An Introduction to Tarot Personality Profiles: The Fool’s Journey, Part I
This was originally published in the June/July 2003 issue of Innerchange Magazine. My deepest thanks to Mary Greer, and to Angeles Arrien, for their inspiration and ground-breaking work, upon which I based this series.
The newly launched Innerchange.mag has generously chosen to republish it on their new site.
- The Fool’s Journey, Part 2 August/September 2003
- Part 3: Creative Power and Authority October/November 2003
- Part 4: The Fool’s Lessons of Love and Wisdom December 2003/January 2004
- Part 5: Turning Points: The Tarot Journey’s Next Level April/May 2004
- Part 6: Facing the Shadows – How the Tarot Illuminates our Soul’s Journey Feb/March 2004:
- Part 7: Lessons from the Nighttime Cards – The Journey’s End June/July 2004
You’ll find these additional articles in the PDF as well, including parts of my Tarot Through the Seasons series.