Renewal

Blessed is the gift of letting go,
May I do so with grace;

Blessed is the gift of renewal and rebirth,
I will welcome and cherish it…

As you can see from this bead (really, a charm, I guess), and the previous one for letting go, they seem to go together.  At least that is how I feel about it.  Like the Death card of the Tarot, the rebirth cannot come without the ending of something.

This is especially appropriate for this time, as we enter the last, darkest days before Winter Solstice (up here in the Northern Hemisphere, of course).

I have been learning a lot this year about letting go and cherishing what is new and not yet known.   I’ve been working my way through my Tarot Death card year, and it has been a doozie!

Early in the year, I had made some conscious choices about using that energy to make some big shifts in my business priorities.  So I had some clearing and releasing to do, to make room for the unknown newness.

Of course, I knew that things were bound to change on other levels as well.

But the Goddess had some very unexpected (and, honestly, not very pleasant) surprises for me that eventually detonated deep in my magical practice.  A big letting go, and, as yet, only the faintest beginnings of discovering what will be reborn there. But I affirm that I will welcome and cherish it.

Like in all birthing, I am learning about patience and trust.  Push. Wait. Open.  Breathe and breathe.

Then, of course, there was last month’s computer meltdown.  (I am still catching up on lost emails, so if you had expected to hear from me regarding something or another and you still haven’t, please try me again).

So what are you letting go of at this time?  What renewal and rebirth do you anticipate?  Are they perhaps related in some way?

What will you be welcoming and cherishing, even as you let go of what was familiar and comfortable?

Let’s do it together.

• December 16, 2010, 11:56 am Maria

I finally quit my soul-killing job. I’m going to take some time to heal, and then see what the Goddess has in store for me. It’s terrifying and painful right now, but the pain of not making a change was greater.

• December 16, 2010, 12:18 pm judy

I think one of the things I’m letting go this year is ‘invisibility’…
    I didn’t even realize how much I used it till I began to step out of my ‘cloaking device’.. finding it kinda scary, kinda fulfilling and a whole lotta notknowing!
    Wish me luck.. as I do you, ladies. I’ve often found this ‘notknowing’ place to be crackling with aliveness.

• December 16, 2010, 7:09 pm Carey

Judy, thank you for the words to put to my wordless-thoughts. I couldn’t touch on it exactly until I read your comment. I too am letting go of my cloak of invisibility. It’s been safe there but soul-less and I never really could ground myself there. The me who always was is now what I am showing to the world…well, for the most part. I am also letting go of the acceptable, camouflaged skin of Carey.
    Best of all things to all of you!!

• December 16, 2010, 11:13 pm judy

woot! woot!

• December 17, 2010, 1:34 am Athene Noctua

Getting out of a bad marriage, but trying to create a different type of relationship w/ former spouse for the kids.

• December 18, 2010, 10:58 am Beth

Oh, I love that image of the cloak of invisibility. I know that one as well!

May we all replace it once and for all with our own super powers of splendid dazzling spectacularness that, like the magic in Dorothy’s ruby slippers, we discover we’ve had all along!

Thank you, each of you, for sharing.. I so appreciate and love your courage and honesty when you post here. You keep things “real,” even though, especially this time of year, there is so much pressure to just submerge into fantasy.