The 5th Annual Cyberspace Poetry Slam for Brigid

For the 3rd year, I am delighted and honored to join in the ever-growing Brigid Poetry Slam.  Throughout the blogosphere, everyone is invited to post poetry in honor of blessed Brigid, Goddess of Poetry on Her holy day.

My contribution today is a beautiful selection that my sister used for an art piece she made for me several years ago.  It was written by an amazing woman named Dawna Markova. These are words I try to live by.  Blessed be.

I will not die an unlived life.
I will not live in fear
of falling or catching fire.
I choose to inhabit my days,
to allow my living to open me,
to make me less afraid,
more accessible,
to loosen my heart
until it becomes a wing,
a torch, a promise.
I choose to risk my significance;
to live so that which came to me as seed
goes to the next as blossom
and that which came to me as blossom,
goes on as fruit.

• February 2, 2010, 11:57 am Catherine BTW

thank you. so mote it be!

• February 2, 2010, 12:35 pm Diana Palmer

Beautifully expressed!

• February 2, 2010, 2:39 pm Arie

Your enthusiam, made me put a self written poem in my blog.
    I started composing yesterday and ended now.
    Frankly, I have no clue on how to write a poem. This is my second one. The first one being, at Imbolc 2009, when I had thought that nobody would see it anyway. 🙂
    Imbolc blessings.
    Healing and transformation…

• February 2, 2010, 4:03 pm Maria

Beautiful.

• February 3, 2010, 6:37 am aliceinwonderland

Beth,
    Thanks for inspiring me to post one of my poems on my blog. This is the second poem I have ever written and only a couple of people have seen it. But today, I felt inspired to share this poem and share a little bit of me.

• February 3, 2010, 8:57 am Lynn Hayes

Hi Beth – this is so beautiful. Who did the artwork?

• February 3, 2010, 9:20 am Beth

I wish I knew, Lynn.. It is one of those that you find on someone’s blog or MySpace, without attribution.

Alice, I will delete your prior post, so that your corrected one is the only one, clearing up any confusion. Thank you for your beautiful offering! Really, really gorgeous!

Arie – love your poem, my dear friend. I hope you will stretch and explore your gifts as a poet.. I’d love to see lots more!
    Love to all!

• February 3, 2010, 9:25 am Phoenix Rising

So beautiful! Your posts always inspire me. Thank you for being you. Peace, blessings, and much love to you.