• January 10, 2010, 10:09 am Star

Wow! This is excellent and doubly meaningful for me, as I just finished reading (listening on CD) another of Gilbert’s books, her first, Pilgrims. It was nice to see what she looks like and to hear her speak directly. A good model of an artist for me to view in her many aspects. Our book club is planning to read her newest book, Commitment, as soon as it is issued in paperback (less costly) and is available at the library.

I like the idea of a “daemon or genius or fairy” energy holdiing inspiration and channeling it through me. Nice concept to consider, as I know that some of my work is coming from somewhere else, not me.

Thanks for this genius link!

Star*

• January 10, 2010, 11:34 am Heather

I have to echo Star, Wow. I know you have talked about creativitiy coming from god/goddess befor now but for some reason I just wasn’t getting it, I personally don’t have any deitys, but this idea of fairies or other seperate creatures being a source of the creative process just kind of clicked with me this morning. wow.

• January 10, 2010, 3:31 pm Kendra

This is great! Thanks, Beth

• January 10, 2010, 9:13 pm Brett

I always liked how Alice Walker referred to herself as a medium, not just a writer… she ‘gets it’ kinda the same way Elizabeth Gilbert does.

• January 10, 2010, 10:44 pm catherine

OLE!! 😉 what a peaceful feeling to get to lean into the mystery & not feel like I have to be any more than who I am…

• January 10, 2010, 10:45 pm Claire

What a wonderful message and a fantastic delivery.
    Thanks for sharing this.

• January 13, 2010, 12:03 pm Rick Loftus, M.D.

What a brilliant piece of magic this was, giving us a new way of framing the relationship between the Divine force of creativity and the treacherous slopes of ego entanglement. Beth, this was great, thank you.