Today’s Guest Blog from Skylight Astrology

from The Hypochondriacs Alphabet © Holly T. Burrows
I don’t know how things are going in your life, but here at the Owl’s Nest, things have been a bit heavy. As I’ve mentioned, there have been two unexpected deaths of loved ones in recent weeks.

So today’s guest blog is from my friend, astrologer Madeline at Skylight Astrology. As the paranoia ramps up about H1N1 flu (and due to recent events I am sorely tempted to jump in), I love her wise observations that she posted earlier this week:
* * * * * * *
Okay okay. So the headlines are scaring the pants off many of us. I recently returned to the health care field and I can tell you, HARDLY ANYONE TRUSTS THEIR BODY ANYMORE!!

The media has us thinking our breasts are just one step away from being cancerous, any minute, Ditto, your colon. We could get killed by mistake, by the sun (melanoma) or by our prostates, or by some ethereal mutation of HIV, or.. BY THE FLU.

COME ON PEOPLE!!!!!!!

Saturn in Virgo and Uranus opposing, in late degrees can bring on PANIC as well as epidemic.

Many people LIVED during ALL THE FLU outbreaks.

MANY PEOPLE continue to live with the HIV virus.

MANY PEOPLE LIVE with lumpy breasts.

And, MANY PEOPLE LIVE — to be graphic here– with occasional diarrhea.. or constipation, AND IT’S NOT ALWAYS CANCER.

BUCK UP!

START TAKING CARE OF YOURSELF!

ENHANCE YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM—Like, NOW!!

Are you working too many hours.. REST more.

Are you partying too hardily?? Quit it.

Do you eat potato chips and Micky Dee for lunch? Try a salad.

Are you living in fear, cranky with your co workers, and watching too much TV??

STOP. NOW.

Develop a few healthy habits.

Get a pet!

WALK the pet!! (works best with dogs, not cats..)

Sleep an hour more, and watch an hour less re-runs of “LOST.”

TAKE SUPPLEMENTS!!!! MUSHROOM EXTRACT. EXTRA VITAMIN C.

Guess what?

Your body is a temple.

It knows how to house your spirit.

If it’s your time to leave the planet, you’ll go.

Otherwise, assume survival and start taking REALLY GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF RIGHT NOW!!

Saturn in Virgo and Uranus in the mix says UNUSUAL and alternative methods can cause a change for the better–

WHAT WILL YOU DO TO HELP YOURSELF STAY FIT AND HEALTHY DURING THE NEXT FEW MONTHS????

AFFIRMATION FOR THIS DAY:
“I AM STRONG!”

BRIGHTEST BLESSINGS!
— MADELEINE

* * * * * * * * *
Thanks so much, Madeline! And by the way, folks, if you don’t believe that many of us have completely given our power of self-knowledge away to the “experts,” check out
this fascinating article written for Wired Magazine by Steve Silberman.
— Beth

• August 29, 2009, 9:39 am Betty Lindholm Navta

Madeleine ~
    Thank you for the link to the Wired article! Wow. Lots of good info there. Yes, the brain is a wondrous thing!

Happy Healing!

• August 29, 2009, 10:52 am ARIE

Hi Beth,

"And then, in just the last three days, two other very dear friends have been suddenly stricken with life-threatening illness."

A week ago I started taking MMS for some chronic problems, suggested by a chinese medicine MD doctor.
    I'm already seing some improvement.

Check this: MMS Miracle Mineral Solution at:
    or
    With life-threatening illnesses when nothing else works I believe it is worth giving it a try.

Besides a bottle costs only usd 20 and lasts for a whole year.

May the HEALING energy go to your friends.

Love & Healing

Arie

• August 29, 2009, 11:09 am ARIE

Regarding your post on perfectionism, The Twelve WIld Swans is a wonderfull story teaching us about this.

Regarding the post before that, we are all linked to a collective consciousness. If we have an idea and don't put it to action, someone else will.

Love & Healing
    Arie

• August 29, 2009, 6:01 pm Madeline

Beth,thank you for sharing this info–I also want to mention, I mean no dis-respect to those who DO fall ill, or , like your friends, leave the body. Sometimes we do "everything right" and we may still have a suffering it is our karma to endure.. I wish blessings and prayers for healing to anyone who IS ill,and to the families and loved ones of anyone who has passed.

Still, we who are left behind must take time to grieve, be strong as we can, loving as we can, and devoted to helping each other by sharing our love and wisdom..

• August 30, 2009, 1:15 am Amy L. in Bellevue WA

Madeline and Beth,

I loved this post! It made me laugh as well as giving me encouragement and ideas for taking better care of myself.

• August 31, 2009, 6:56 am Denise

Dear Beth, loved this post! I'm heading off to the doctor's today for my yearly check-up, which always includes me stressing over what may be found. Reading Madeline's wise words has already helped lessen my paranoia…a bit 😉

I do hope your friends who are ill recover quickly ~*~